Over 1000 volunteers signed up for the Closed Beta program of the new SBK Official Mobile Game through our Enrolment Form, and we are absolutely thrilled—thank you so much for joining our team!
We still have a long way to go, but your support and feedback on the core gameplay will be key to further develop and fine-tune the best possible motorbike racing experience.
All the testers receive a Closed Beta Guide by email, shortly after joining the program, and the blog’s FAQs section has been updated with some additional information on how the Closed Beta program works.
More testers are always welcome and will be onboarded weekly, with regular content and features updates to be tested over time.
Here is what you will find in VERSION 1.0, released on the 5th of February 2021:
- 2 tracks from the 2020 Superbike World Championship season:
- Circuito de Jerez – Angel Nieto
- Phillip Island Grand Prix Circuit
- All 22 riders from the original 2020 Superbike World Championship roster with their respective bikes
- Enhanced physics based on a more realistic and fluid handling model, with an arcade slant
- Customisable riding assists, allowing you to choose between an arcade or simulative experience:
- Assisted Braking
- Assisted Cornering
- Assisted Steering
- Racing Line
- Improved AI-controlled opponents, featuring life-like behaviors and dynamic performance adjustment based on machine learning
- Enhanced rider animations supporting inverse kinematics
- 4 control layouts including:
- Set 1: Steer the bike by tilting your device, auto-accelerate and tap to brake.
- Set 2: Steer the bike by tilting your device, tap to accelerate and brake.
- Set 3: Steer the bike with a slider, auto-accelerate and tap to brake.
- Set 4: Steer the bike with a slider, tap to accelerate and brake.
- Advanced graphics with higher-quality 3D models and textures for added realism, and new effects such as motion blur conveying an increased sense of speed
- Customisable graphic quality settings for better performance on lower-end devices or higher-quality graphics on top-tier devices:
- Normal: No post effects, 80% render resolution, lower shadow quality
- High: Light post effects, slightly higher-quality shadows
- Ultra: All post effects on, high-quality shadows, full render resolution, anti-aliasing x2
- 4 camera angles:
- 3rd-person close
- 3rd-person chase
- 1st-person (not final)
- Rear view
The main goal of this Closed Beta program is to put the new physics engine in the hands of gamers and fans of previous SBK Official Mobile Game releases, so as to test it in the wild and get some first impressions from the target audience itself, before we officially launch the game on digital app stores: this new installment of the series has been redesigned based on players’ feedback, and we think the players should tell us if we are getting it right!
So we kindly ask you to focus on the bikes’ handling and control systems, besides the overall riding experience (sense of speed, accuracy of the simulation and fun factor, above all).
New features and game modes will be gradually implemented running up to the spring release, and your continued support would be much appreciated.